Bank on your schedule. With online banking from Coastal Heritage Bank, you can manage your money easily and conveniently. Here are some of the features we offer:
- Check account activity – Not sure what your account balance is? You can see all of your recent transactions and your current account balance. Searching through transactions is also easy.
- Track expenses – See where you money is going. You can also sort transactions into categories. Simply chose a category (rent, utilities, food, etc.), and we’ll show you the relevant transactions. It’s a simpler way to plan your budget.
- Online bill payments – Make payments simpler and never forget about your bills. Online banking makes paying your bills simple. Instantly make payments or schedule them for a later date.
- Transfer money – Send money to other accounts with ease. Move money between your own accounts or others’. You can also setup recurring transfers or schedule them for later.
- Security – No need to worry about your account details being found. We ensure a strong, secure connection through powerful encryption. We make sure your account are always kept confidential.
Introducing CheckFree Bill Payment
Make payments simpler and never forget about your bills. Online banking makes paying your bills simple. Instantly make payments or schedule them for a later date.
CheckFree Bill Payment FAQs (expand)
1. Do I need to be enrolled in online banking to enroll in CheckFree Bill Pay?
Yes. You must be enrolled in online banking.
2. How do I sign up for CheckFree through online banking?
Log on to online banking as usual. Click the Pay My Bills tab, and then click on the Sign up for Bill Pay button. You will be automatically enrolled and can begin using the service immediately.
3. Will I still be able to send Person to Person electronic payments?
No, this Bill Payment system does not allow for Person to Person electronic payments. Please see “How are payments sent in CheckFree””. However, you can use “Popmoney” for this.
4. Who can I make payments to?
You can make payments to anyone within the United States with the exception of tax payments and court ordered payments.
5. What accounts will I be able to make payments from?
Payments can be made from any active Coastal Heritage Bank checking account that you have connected to online banking. You can select the checking account you would like to make the payment from.
6. Can I change my preferred account?
Yes. When making a payment, select the account you would like to use from the Pay From drop-down menu and check the Make Preferred Account box. After you process the payment, this will be your preferred account.
7. How are payments sent in CheckFree?
When a bill payment is set up, it will go into a Processed status. This means that the approved payment instruction has been received and is ready to pay the bill in one of three ways:
- Electronic: Funds are withdrawn electronically from your account and funds are delivered (on the payment date) electronically to merchants that have an electronic relationship with CheckFree. You cannot pay an individual electronically.
- Single Check (corporate check): Funds are withdrawn electronically from your account and funds are delivered by check to the payee on the pay date.
- Draft: A check is generated from your account and is mailed to the payee. Funds are removed from your account when the payee negotiates the check.
8. When are payments received by my payees?
When making a payment, CheckFree will pre-fill the earliest available payment date. This is the soonest that your payee will receive the payment. This can be determined using the calendar in CheckFree.
You will be able to select that earliest pay date or any of the other available dates (excluding weekends and holidays) on the calendar. For some payees, there are options to process payments as same-day or next-day payments. Applicable fees will be displayed when you select these days on the calendar.
9. Are same-day or next-day payments processed differently?
- Same-day payments can be made for payees that accept electronic payments.
- Next-day rush payments are sent to the payee through overnight express shipping of a check. A physical address must be used and you will receive a UPS tracking number via email.
- Same-day and next-day payments cannot be canceled or reversed.
- A confirmation email is sent to verify the payment and avoid fraudulent activity.
- Same-day and next-day payment fees are applied for each type of payment.
10. If I select a pay date, can I be positive my payment will make it to the payee on time?
Yes. Thanks to the CheckFree Guarantee, payments will make it to the payee on time.
11. Are there daily cut-off times for my payments?
Yes. The cut-off time is the time by which the payment must be scheduled to ensure it is processed on the current day. For regular payments, the cut-off time is 10:00 p.m. and for overnight checks, the cut-off time is 4:00 p.m. Payments scheduled after the cut-off time cannot begin processing until the next processing date.
12. Can I edit or cancel a payment after it has been scheduled?
Yes. You can change or cancel a regular payment any time prior to the payment moving to the Processed status.
13. How will I know my payment was sent?
To research a payment, select the Bill History screen. Locate your payment on the Bill History screen and review the Status column. The status of a payment could include paid, pending, processing or cancelled. A payment is Pending after you have scheduled it but before it begins processing. It is listed as Processing when it is being sent to the payee. Paid will display when the bill has been paid.
14. What happens if I do not have sufficient funds in my account to cover a payment I set up?
If a payment is returned due to insufficient funds, a second attempt will be made within 1-2 business days. If it is returned a second time for insufficient funds, your bill payment service and Popmoney® Personal Payment Service will be suspended. CheckFree will then contact you to recover the funds.
15. Is CheckFree Secure?
CheckFree offers multiple security layers to ensure that all of your information is protected.
- CheckFree uses SSL (secure sockets layer), which ensures that your connection and information are secure from outside inspection.
- CheckFree uses 128-bit encryption to make your information unreadable as it passes over the Internet.
16. What are e-bills?
E-bills are bills or statements that are received electronically by CheckFree from your payee. If you choose to utilize an e-bill, it will replace the paper bill you receive from your payee.
17. What are the benefits of e-bills?
E-bills are stored in a central location with your payment information. You can review and pay your bills in one step. CheckFree also offers e-bill reminders. This will help you manage your bills and prevent them from being late.
18. Is there an expense related to e-bills?
No. It is a free service to our customers.
19. Will my e-bill be available the same day it is usually delivered?
Yes. For the most part, payees will send the bill on the cycle you are accustomed to and you will receive your bill by the day you typically have.
20. Can I receive e-bills from all my payees?
No. Not all payees offer this option.
21. How do I select the e-bills option?
From the main screen you will see the e-bills icon next to any payee that is offering e-bills. Select the icon next to the payee and follow the steps to select this option.
22. If I receive e-bills can I immediately set up automatic payments from my e-bill?
When you activate e-bills for a payee, you can activate automatic payment (for the e-bills) after your first e-bill arrives.
23. What is Popmoney® Personal Payment Service?
Popmoney is a service of CheckFree that allows you to ‘Pay Other People’ anytime, anywhere using the recipient’s email address or mobile number.
24. What are the fees associated with Popmoney?
For a standard 3-day payment the fee is $.75. For next day service the fee is $1.40.
25. How do I send money with Popmoney?
Enter the recipient’s name and email address or mobile number. Then enter the amount you would like to send. Once you have used Popmoney to send money to an individual, that person’s name will be added to your sent list so you won’t have to enter their information next time.
26. How is the person I am sending money to notified?
If the person you’re sending money to is not registered with Popmoney, they will receive an email invitation to register and designate where they would like their payment directed.
27. How long does the person have to accept the payment?
That person has 10 days to accept the payment. Reminders are sent on the 3rd and 7th day to remind them a payment is pending.
28. What happens if the person I send the payment to does not accept the payment?
The funds will be deposited back into your account.
29. Must the financial institution of the person I am sending the payment offer Popmoney?
No. Their financial institution does not have to offer Popmoney to receive and deposit money into their account.
30. Can I cancel a payment once I set it up in Popmoney?
If a payment is Pending, it can be cancelled. If it is In Progress, a stop payment must be placed.
31. How do I confirm the person I sent money to accepted the payment?
Click on Activity. From there you can track payments you sent, see payments you received, and follow up on any pending transactions
32. Is there a minimum and maximum amount I can send using Popmoney?
Yes. The minimum amount you can send is $5.00. The maximum can be seen in your daily limits in Popmoney.
33. Are there cut-off times when I can make a payment to process on a given day?
Yes. For standard, 3-day payments, the cut-off time is 1:00 a.m. For next-day payments, the cut-off time is 10:00 p.m.
34. Are there fees associated with CheckFree or Popmoney?
CheckFree Service Fees
Overnight Check: $12.95
Same Day Bill Payment: $9.95
Account to Account: FREE
Popmoney Service Fees
3-Day Payments: .75
Next-Day Payments: $1.40
Request Money: $.75
Stop Payment: $20.00
35. Is there any additional verification with Popmoney payments?
Yes. When a Popmoney payment is sent, two types of verification can take place:
- Knowledge Based Questions: You may be asked questions that only you should know the answers to. Up to three questions may be presented and you have 90 seconds to answer.
- One-Time Verification: A one-time verification code will be sent to your primary mobile number. You will have three attempts to enter the verification code.
36. What if I don’t enter my verification questions or code correctly?
Your account will be placed on hold or you will be locked out of Popmoney.
37. What if I experience issues with CheckFree or Popmoney?
Contact Customer Service at 800-695-1300.
Now it’s easy to do your banking 24/7 using your iPhone®, iPad® or Android™ smartphone. Access your accounts, deposit checks, find ATMs and more.
To use our mobile banking apps, you must be an enrolled online banking user.
Monitor Your Account
- View account balances and banking transactions
- Search transactions by date, amount and check number
- Deposit Checks. With mobile deposit, you can use your smartphone’s camera to deposit a check electronically.
- Transfer Funds. Transfer money between your Coastal Heritage Bank accounts.
- Pay Bills. Make one time bill payments to payees you have set up in Coastal Heritage Bank online banking.
Find Branches and ATM’s
Easily locate the nearest Coastal Heritage Bank branch or ATM.
Our apps are Secure
Coastal Heritage Bank’s mobile apps protect your account information using multiple security features, including:
- Secure sign on using your user ID and password
- Security questions to verify your identity
- Masked account numbers
- Automatic sign off due to inactivity
Download the app
If you have already enrolled in Online Banking, use your smart phone to download the Coastal Heritage Bank mobile banking app from the following sites:
A secure, fast, convenient, and environmentally friendly way to receive your monthly bank statements and notices.
You can now choose to receive your Coastal Heritage Bank checking, savings or money market account statements and notices electronically, rather than in the traditional paper format! Enrolling in E-Statements is easy but you must be an Online Banking customer with a current ID and password to sign up. If you currently use Online Banking, simply log into Online Banking, click on the E-Statement tab, and enroll your accounts. Whenever a statement or notice is produced, you’ll receive a courtesy email letting you know that your document is ready and available for viewing. It will contain a direct link to your statement or notice. It’s that simple! If you have not already enrolled for Online Banking, please visit CoastalHeritageBank.com and enroll today—it is secure, efficient and free!
Enhance Online Security with IBM Security Trusteer Rapport
Download Trusteer Rapport
To help protect you from online banking fraud and identify theft, we have partnered with IBM to offer a free download of their IBM Security Trusteer Rapport software. Rapport works with your existing firewall and anti-virus protection and is easy to install and use. Rapport is also entirely transparent and does not require you to change the way you work or sign into websites.
Learn more about IBM Security Trusteer Rapport (Video)
What are the benefits of using Rapport?
Protect the connection between Coastal Heritage Bank Online Banking site and your computer against common online threats. The green arrow signals that you have logged into Coastal Heritage Bank’s genuine Online Banking site and not a website claiming to be Online Banking.
What is Trusteer Rapport?
Trusteer Rapport creates a secure tunnel between your keyboard and Coastal Heritage Bank’s Online Banking platform to minimize the risk of your information captured by an outside party. Rapport works alongside your existing firewall and antivirus solutions to provide added protection to your Coastal Heritage Bank Online Banking session.
Why Use Trusteer Rapport?
Trusteer Rapport is free for you as a customer of Coastal Heritage Bank, is easy to install, and has an un-intrusive user interface. It enhances the security of the browser when you connect to Coastal Heritage Bank’s Online Banking platform by verifying that the connection with the web site is direct and encrypted to prevent “man-in-the-middle attacks.” The security software validates the Online Banking web site you see is hosted by Coastal Heritage Bank, thereby reducing risk of sending information to phishing sites.
What’s the User Experience?
The user interface is designed to be as simple as possible. An icon is added to your browser’s address bar, and when you connect to Coastal Heritage Bank online banking platform, the icon will turn green. When you visit sites that do not use Trusteer Rapport, the icon browser will be gray in color. The icon is for your information only and does not require any action on your part. If you require any assistance using the software, please visit the Trusteer support page
By downloading and installing Trusteer’s Rapport Software, you agree with and accept all of Trusteer Inc.’s terms and conditions for use of the Rapport Software. Coastal Heritage Bank Bank is not associated with Trusteer Inc., Trustee, Ltd. or any of their affiliates. Coastal Heritage Bank is making Trusteer’s Rapport Software available free of charge solely as a service to its customers and the bank is not responsible for, and does not guarantee, the effectiveness, content, services or operation of Trusteer’s Rapport Software.
All problems, questions or concerns regarding Trusteer’s Rapport Software should be directed to http://www.trusteer.com/support. Your access and use of the Rapport Software is also subject to the online banking services agreement between you and Coastal Heritage Bank.