WEYMOUTH, MA, May 11, 2017 – Coastal Heritage Bank is pleased to announce that Steve Mastalerz has joined the bank as Regional Lending Manager. Mr. Mastalerz will be responsible for residential lending in the bank’s Weymouth, Quincy and East Bridgewater markets. [Read more…] about Steve Mastalerz joins Coastal Heritage Bank as Regional Lending Manager
Mr. Crowley joins the bank from Citizen’s Bank. He also previously held a variety of IT roles at Rockland Federal Credit Union, Radius Bank and BankBoston.
Coastal Heritage Bank President & Chief Executive Officer Donald P. Gill commented, “The Board and senior management team are pleased to welcome someone of Rich’s caliber and expertise to the bank. He is a great addition to our team.”
Mr. Crowley will fill the role of Chief Information Officer vacated by Roger Paquette, who is retiring in April.
About Coastal Heritage Bank
Formed through the merger of Scituate Federal Savings Bank and S-Bank, Coastal Heritage Bank is a mutually owned, multi-service financial institution with full-service offices in Weymouth, Marshfield, Scituate, Hanover, Quincy, Norwell Center, East Bridgewater, Green Harbor and One Derby Street in Hingham. Member FDIC. Member SIF. Equal Housing Lender.
Over the past year Coastal Heritage Bank has donated over $50,000 to 106 different schools, non-profits, community groups and community events. Your Bank, Your Community – Growing Together!
- Academy Ave Primary School
- ARC of the South Shore
- Atlantic Symphony Orchestra
- Boy Scout Troop #138
- Boy Scouts of America Troop 9
- Boys & Girls Club of Marsh Golf
- Cardinal Cushing Centers
- Church Hill Snowflake Festival
- Comm. Friends for Human Services
- Disabled American Veterans
- E. Bridgewater Food Pantry
- E. Bridgewater Business Assoc.
- E. Bridgewater Little League
- E. Bridgewater Patrolman’s Assoc.
- Friends of MHS Ice Hockey
- Friendship Home
- Gov. Winslow School Playground
- Hand Delivered Hope
- Hanover Chamber of Commerce SK
- Hanover Food Pantry
- Hanover Found. for Edu. Enrichment
- Hanover High School Hockey
- Hanover Lions Club
- Hanover SNAP
- Hanover Woman’s Club, Juniors
- Hingham Civic Music Theatre
- Hingham Community Center
- Hingham Food Pantry
- Hingham High School Track & Field
- Hingham Nursery School
- Hingham Public Library
- Kiwanis Club of East Bridgewater
- Korean War Veterans Association
- Marshfield Chamber Pizza Palooza
- Marshfield Council on Aging
- Marshfield Fair
- Marshfield Flag Football
- Marshfield Food Pantry
- Marshfield Friends of Music
- Marshfield Grad Night Live
- Marshfield High School LAX 5K
- Marshfield Recreation Department
- Martinson Elementary School
- Me Tanner B Road Race
- Neighborhood Club Of Quincy
- N. & S. Rivers Watershed Assoc.
- North River Arts Society
- Norwell Company Theatre
- Norwell Fire Dept. Local 2700
- Norwell Food Pantry
- Norwell High School PTO
- Norwell High School Yearbook
- Norwell Police Association
- Norwell Police Dept. Comm. Fund
- Norwell Scholastic Arts Society
- Norwell VNA & Hospice
- Old Colony Council BSA
- Old Colony YMCA
- Pan MA Challenge/Jimmy Fund
- Quincy Chamber Mayor Breakfast
- Quincy Food Pantry
- Quincy Parent Advisory Council
- Quincy Play for All Playground
- Quincy Police DARE Program
- Quincy Public School Partnership
- Quincy Youth Baseball & Softball
- Rotary Club of Bridgewaters
- Rotary Club of Scituate
- Sacred Heart High School
- Sacred Heart School
- Scituate Animal Shelter
- Scituate Arts Association
- Scituate Chamber Heritage Days
- Scituate CORSE Foundation
- Scituate Fire Fighters Road Race
- Scituate Harbor Business Association
- Scituate High School All Night Party
- Scituate High School Lacrosse
- Scituate High School Yearbook
- Scituate HS Ice Hockey Boosters
- Scituate Library Foundation
- Scituate PH RF
- SJ Matheny Memorial
- South Shore Elder Services
- South Shore Half Marathon
- South Shore Hospital Home Care
- South Shore Hospital Hospice Walk
- South Shore Stars
- Southern NE Credit Granters Special Olympics
- St. Francis Xavier School
- St. Mary of the Nativity
- Talking Information Network
- The Makayla Fund
- Trustees of Reservations
- Veterans Memorial Garden
- Weymouth Annual Christmas
- Weymouth Education Foundation
- Weymouth Elder Services
- Weymouth Food Pantry
- Wey. Great Pumpkin Give-A-Wey
- Weymouth HS Post Prom Party
- Wildcat Basketball Academy
- WR Caddy Detachment #124
Coastal Heritage Bank, along with students, parents, staff, and other local business sponsors, gathered together on Monday morning for the grand opening of the newly constructed community playground at the Governor Winslow School in Marshfield.
The Bank, the lead sponsor of the campaign to build the playground, was happy to support this wonderful grassroots effort.
Thank you to all who stopped by for our Shred-Day in Weymouth on Saturday! Close to $1,000 was raised for area food pantries, not to mention numerous food items and over 18,000 pounds of paper was shredded! Thank you!
Be sure to “like” us so you can stay informed about important bank information, our involvement in the community, and great local events.
Coastal Heritage Bank is happy to announce that the organization was the proud winner of a Gold award at New England’s Financial Marketing Awards in the Brand category. The Financial Marketing Awards honor outstanding initiatives and campaigns throughout the region, and winners were recognized on May 12 in Newport, Rhode Island, by Agility Resources Group, producer of the program. The award-winning work was created by Worcester-based Davis Advertising, Coastal Heritage Bank’s Agency of Record.
On Saturday, March 19, employees from Coastal Heritage Bank teamed up to support and sponsor the 25th Annual Walk for Hospice benefiting the South Shore Hospital.
For more information, visit http://giving.southshorehospital.org/site/TR?fr_id=1060&pg=entry
Coastal Heritage Bank will begin issuing EMV chip enabled debit/ATM cards to all customers in April 2016.
What is EMV?
Simply put, EMV is a security standard for credit and debit card payments.
Named for its founders (Europay, MasterCard, and Visa), EMV is a set of security standards for credit and debit card transactions. Commonly referred to as “EMV cards,” or “EMV credit cards,” these cards use advanced smart chip technology instead of a magnetic stripe to hold the data that is required to process a card transaction.
A smart chip has the power of a small computer, allowing it to perform advanced authentication which means added security. The chip’s capacity to store more information than a magnetic stripe means that EMV cards can generate a unique code that is assigned to each transaction. This code is key to fighting fraud because it must be generated by the chip in the card and cannot be used for more than one transaction.
It’s virtually impossible to make a counterfeit EMV card because the chip is extremely difficult to tamper with or copy, which has resulted in reduced counterfeit fraud wherever EMV has been implemented.
Coastal Heritage Bank is pleased to offer this advanced technology to you as way of ensuring that your debit card transactions remain as secure as possible.
WEYMOUTH, Mass. and SCITUATE, Mass. – December 4, 2015 – Coastal Heritage Bank (www.coastalheritagebank.com), wholly-owned subsidiary of South Shore Mutual Holding Company, and Scituate Federal Savings Bank (http://www.scituatefederal.com), wholly-owned subsidiary of Satuit Bancorp, Inc., a Massachusetts corporation, and Satuit MHC, a mutual holding company, today announced the completion of their merger.
Effective Friday, December 4, 2015, pursuant to the terms of the Agreement and Plan of Merger dated as of June 1, 2015, Coastal Heritage Bank (formerly named “S-Bank”) and Scituate Federal Savings Bank will merge, with Coastal Heritage Bank as the surviving bank. As a result of the merger, Coastal Heritage Bank will have combined assets of nearly $500 million and customers of both banks will have access to nine banking centers located in East Bridgewater, Green Harbor, Hanover, Hingham, Marshfield, Norwell, Quincy, Scituate and Weymouth, Massachusetts. The merger is not expected to result in any job losses or branch closings.
“We are excited to begin our partnership,” said Richard L. Rowe, Jr., Chief Executive Officer of the combined Coastal Heritage Bank. “We are confident that our combined scale, experience and local leadership will allow us to provide greater benefits to customers and employees while remaining a regional community bank.”
“Our combined Board of Directors and executive management team are pleased to announce the completion of the merger and look forward to implementing our shared vision,” said Donald P. Gill, President and Chief Operating Officer of Coastal Heritage Bank.
About Coastal Heritage Bank
Coastal Heritage Bank, established in 1890 and formerly operated under the name “S-Bank,” is a full-service mutually-held Massachusetts co-operative bank headquartered in Weymouth, Massachusetts. Coastal Heritage Bank is a member of the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC) and the Share Insurance Fund.